Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

My 2007 BMW 525i wont start....the display does not completely light up and a pictue

My 2007 BMW 525i won't start....the display does not completely light up and a pictue of a car on a hoist is sound, no seems like the battery is dead?? what do you think?
Yesterday, it ran great...
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. The battery is flat. You should be able to jump start it.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green ACCEPT button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks Steve....would you think I need a new battery o should I try a jump start first? The battery is about 4 years old.....original equipment.

It is probably the battery that has failed yes, but it could be the alternator. You can jump start it then drive it in to have the battery and alternator tested and replace the failed component.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One last question about there any trck to putting a battery in a BMW? Was going to have the auto club battery service come and do it.....promise, final question... great answers....

there is no trick. the dealer can "register" the battery with the car, but this can be skipped as the car will learn the battery over time.

thank you in advance.