Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 745i is it possible to check the transmission fluid level

Customer Question

is it possible to check the transmission fluid level on 2005 745i...if so where is the dip stick located?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT, ALTHOUGH YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED AGAIN

*

*

*

*

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is Steve and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

There is no transmission fluid dipstick on this car.

The fluid level must be checked professionally from beneath the vehicle. This process involves removing a plug from the side of the transmissin pan with the vehicle at operating temperature and watching for fluid to dribble out. If fluid does dribble out, the level is correct, if not, fluid is added until it does dribble out.

I am sorry I cannot have a simpler method for you, but this is how the vehicle was designed.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green ACCEPT button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

Many thanks.

Steve