Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

BMW 535i: Amber parking brake light..wont time

Customer Question

New BMW 535i 1 day old. Amber parking brake light in dash won't turn off (same light that goes red when the parking brake in engaged. Dealer cleared it once, the very next time I started the vehicle, the light was on again. What are the causes.
Category: BMW
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 5 years ago.

Can you provide the last 7 digits of the VIN? Is this the ONLY light illuminated in the dash?, is it accompanied by a traction control light? Does the clock in the vehicle reset? Does the light disappear after driving for a bit? Did the dealer give you a copy of the work order with a description of the cause of the fault that they found when they cleared the light?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
5102879 are the last 7 digits.
It is the only light illuminated.
Cloak does not reset.
Light does not disappear at all..
I did not receive a copy of the work order. Was told the battery might have been low and the computer had to be reset. Not believing that.
Light was gone when I left the dealer. Started the car later that night and light was back on.