Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

BMW 754i MY 745i The CD Changer above glove box wont eject

Customer Question

MY 745i The CD Changer above glove box wont eject is there anything that can be done or do I have to take it in to the dealer.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

BMW has a special tool that slides in the CD changer that can help release a jammed cartridge. This might be the only way to eject this.

However, the one thing that you can try is to reset the CD changer by disconnecting the battery for a short time. If the problem is in the CD changer module a reset will sometimes restore functionality. The battery is access from the right side under the side panel. You have to remove the jack and a plastic cover under that. You only need to disconnect the negative side for 10 minutes and then connect and re-tighten. Make sure to leave the vehicle unlocked and the trunk open to prevent any problems re-accessing the battery and entering the vehicle.

I hope the reset works but most likely the special tool will be needed.

I hope this is helpful. Please accept and thank you.