George
George, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Technician over 20 years BMW Dealership Experience. BMW Auto Repair Shop Business Owner
8183308

BMW 325i 1995 325i cranks but wont start i have no spark,

1995 325i cranks but wont start i have no spark, no injector pulse or fuel pump. I do have 12v to my coils, injectors and fuel pump relay. My check engine light does come on with key and during cranking. If i jump out the fuel pump relay the fuel pump will run.
History: I bought the car not running and with the radiator and air filter box removed because the previose owner was trying to change the water pump but failed. Also the battery was removed and the car has bin sitting for several months.
What I have done so far: I install a new battery and also had to replace the start because the bendicks was frozen (fun Job). I have not reinstall any of the components on the front of the engine because I just wanted to here the motor run first.
I spoke with some earlyer to today I think it was George but could be wrong he told me it could be the key to try another one but it still did not work!!
What next???
Category: BMW
Expert:  George replied 3 years ago.

George :

Since the key did not work you will have to have it hooked up to diagnostics in order to see if the EWS is releasing the start code. Many times when a vehicle sits without a battery the DME & the EWS control unit can loose their alignment with eachother and will have to be re-aligned.

George :

Either way the only way to find this out or if it is another problem with the EWS system is to have it hooked up to diagnostics.

George :

Loosing the alignment is the most common cause.

Customer:

Is it possable the keys have to be reprogramed

George :

But there are a lot of other components in the EWS system such as the antenna pickup, the send & receive modue and the EWS control unit itself.

George :

No I doubt very much the keys have to be programmed.

George :

You cannot program the key code into the key, it comes from the factory coded.

Customer:

Do you know the procedure is? I have read several different ways but not sure if there correct.

Customer:

Most of the say I need to use the door lock button but I dont seem to have one.

George :

That programming is just the remote functions of the key, it has nothing to do with the key code itself.

George :

These keys cannot even be programmed at the dealer they come from the factory coded for the vehicle as far as the EWS system goes.

George :

The procedures you are reading about have nothing to do with the vehicle not starting, it is ony for the remote functions for locking & unlocking the doors.

Customer:

Maybe I mean when they get matched to the car or re-fobed, not sure if im using the correct terms.

George :

Customer:

Ok will check the EWS next

George, BMW Technician
Experience: BMW Master Technician over 20 years BMW Dealership Experience. BMW Auto Repair Shop Business Owner
Expert:  George replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much,

George

I will always leave positive feedback all I ask is for the same.