Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 2006 MINI COOPER S..Motor mount..leaking..Engine compartment

I have a 2006 MINI COOPER S and what looks like a Motor mount is leaking black oily substance on my Engine compartment.
Hello

The black oily substance is engine oil.

The mounts have an hydraulic element that is driven by the engine oil system, the mount will need replacing as they can't be serviced and if the leak becomes much worse then you'll start having oil pressure issues whcih can seriously damage the engine
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Matt, then how come my Engine Oil isn't that color and also my Engine Oil is full. And I should be able to drive it to a engine repair center, being I just spotted this, so this is something that has just started.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Matt, also where can I find a Chilton for my 2006 Mini Cooper S, so I can see if what I think looks like a Motormount is in fact one or not?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I sure do wish you would answer me again, cause I really need to drive my car right now.

Hello

the oil is being discoloured by the rubber seals breaking up I'd say, if you're unsure of what the part is you can post a picture on here using the littel green tree icon

as for a manual

http://www.mk-x.com/bmwmini.htm

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

02/10/2010

RE: MATT, THANK YOU....

As your ANSWER was totally CORRECT and I had my HYDRAULIC MOTOR MOUNT REPLACED today, and there is no more LEAKAGE of any kind! I just couldn't stand anything leaking under my HOOD of my 2006 MINI COOPER S, especially when it runs so GREAT! Thanks again, I am accepting your ANSWER.

No problem glad to help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

02/11/2011

Dear JustAnswer,

I would like an opinion or opinions on what anyone knows or has heard about:

Jurisdictionary ®

The Leader in Step-by-Step Lawsuit Self-Help . . . Since 1997

for $249.00 and $7.50 in Shipping and Handling

as I am seriously contemplating purchasing this Step-by-Step Lawsuit Self-Help for the Foreclosure that CHASE JP MORGAN is trying to do on my Loan and House.

Thank you anyone and everyone for any input as to anything about Jurisdictionary, as I appreciate all the HELP I can get.

Sincerely,

SUSAN R. DANENBERG

[email protected]

Hello Susan

you need to post a new question in the legal section to get an answer for this