bimmaster
bimmaster, BMW Technician
Experience:  3 years dealer experience, master bmw tech
19948718

2004 325I: THE FUEL PUMP

THE FUEL PUMP ON A 2004 325I 4-DOOR IS NOT WORKING. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO BE FIXED.
Category: BMW
Expert:  bimmaster replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome to just answer.
There are 2 different engines that came in this model year 325i, the regular engine, and the low emissions version (sulev).
The fuel pump for the regular engine has a list price of $330 from the dealer. Plus about 2 hours labor, puts you right around $550-600 for the parts and labor.
The pump part number is XXXXX

If you have the sulev version, The fuel tank, tank filler neck and evaporative canister are made of stainless steel. Both the fuel pump and fuel filter are completely sealed inside the gas tank and require a complete replacement of the gas tank if either the fuel pump or filter go bad. If you can respond with the last 7 of your vin, I can check which engine you have.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The last 7 of my vin are KP89787.