Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Alternator bracket to replace gasket underneath cant..bolts

how to remove alternator bracket to replace gasket underneath cant seem to reach driverside motor mount bolts
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome.

Can I please have the last 7 digits of your vin?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I orginally needed info on how to remove driver side motor mount. However I have allready done that. But what I do need is info on how to take the driver side valve cover off. I have already removed alternator, powersteering pump and upper timing chain cover also Alternator bracket and have bought the gaskets.

I have loosned the bolts of the valve cover allready but was afraid to apply pressure. do I have to take the large circular silinoid type things off or is just loosening the bolts and pull it off okay ( I do not want to damage anything in the process.)

(B109744) 2004 545i

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello again,

You do need to remove the servomotor (cylinder thing) but otherwise should be just bolts and other cables/sensors that are attached..

To remove the servomotor you remove the screws and then screw it off.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

Many thanks.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does the servo motor need to be positioned or timed or anything upon installation?
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

No you just need to twist/screw it back on until the flange is flush and the bolt holes line up.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cant get valve cover off, I have everything off, its totally loose but there is not enough clearence to remove. do I have to remove passenger side motor mount also to get clearence (I HATE THIS CAR)