Autohaus LKN
Autohaus LKN, Shop Owner
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Owner of a European specialty shop

BMW 745Li right side parking light malfunction, replaced bulb,

Customer Question

right side parking light malfunction, replaced bulb, checked for voltage, there is none. Thoughts?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Autohaus LKN replied 5 years ago.
Hello! Which bulb did you replace?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Replaced passenger side angel eye bulb. Tested works fine on driver's side.
First thing I would do, is remove both battery cables and tape the battery cables together, so that the ends are touching. Leave it this way for an hour. This will clear all the modules memory.

After the hour, hook everything back up and see if it works. If it still won't work, you may have an issue with the Light Module (LM).
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I have already attempted the requested fix. I would like to know how to reset the light module specifically.
There are only two ways to reset the LM and thats the battery reset and with a BMW capable scantool.

The battery reset will only reset the module and won't diagnose it. If the battery reset didn't work, then the LM will need to be diagnosed. You have already verified that the bulb is not the problem. If the wiring is OK, the LM needs to be diagnosed. How did the connector to the bulb appear?