Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 330ci Aside from the BMW coolant, what other antifreeze/coolant

Aside from the BMW coolant, what other antifreeze/coolant can I use on my 2001 330ci? I was thinking of just going to an Autozone store vs. going to the dealer.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

Welcome to justanswer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you tonight.

Any parts store long life coolant is fine to use. You do not need to spend the extra on the BMW product, or make a special trip to the dealer.

I hope that I have been helpful. Please let me know if I can answer anything further, or clarify anything for you.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green ACCEPT button so that I may be credited for providing assistance to you today. I will not receive any credit or compensation until the green ACCEPT button is clicked.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX luck with your 330.

Steve

Edited by Steve on 11/12/2010 at 5:17 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does it have to be the 50/50 type coolant? Was thinking of just getting the Peak 50/50 Long Life antifreeze and coolant,which I assme I can just pour into the radiator correct? I had my expansion tank replaced the other day and I know I dont have any leak but it seems like I don't have coolant.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Yes the 50/50 is the correct one. The peak one will be fine for you, just pour it in.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Please do not forget to click the green ACCEPT button if satisfied with my assistance.

Many thanks,

Steve