Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

My gas pedal feels like it has come loose...rpm does not respond

My gas pedal feels like it has come loose. I push it and the RPM does not respond.
Hi there, does the pedal feel different than usual? Are there any warning lights on the dash?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It feels "loose" no lights on the dash
Can I please have the last 7 digits of your vin to pull up the info on your car?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Its sounds like your throttle cable has snapped or come loose. You can have a look up above the pedal to see if it is detached.

Please let me know if you have further questions. If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green ACCEPT button so that I am compensated for my time, effort and expertise. I am not compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button. None of the deposit you have paid will be transferred until you press ACCEPT.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is this something I could fix myself?

If it has simply come unhooked yes, but if it needs to be replaced, it is a big job and would be difficult if you do not have experience. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to press accept. Thanks. Steve