Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

What does DTC alarm on BMW 545i mean

what does DTC alarm on BMW 545i mean
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

*

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED WHATSOEVER UNTIL YOU PRESS THE ACCEPT BUTTON. NONE OF YOUR DEPOSIT WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO ME UNTIL YOU PRESS ACCEPT

*

*

*

*

Hi there,

Welcome to justanswer.

This indicates a fault with your traction control system. This is typically caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor (about $100usd), but in a worst case scenario, could be a failed traction control unit. You will need to have the fault codes read from the car in order to determine which wheel sensor has failed, or if it is perhaps the moudle itself that has failed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. If satisfied with my assistance, please press ACCEPT so that I am compensated for my time, effort and expertise. I am not compensated until you press accept. None of the deposit you have paid will be transferred until you press ACCEPT.

Cheers,

Steve