Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My windshield washer fluid will not come out..tank

my windshield washer fluid will not come out. the tank is full but nothing comes out. do you think it could be the motor or the pump? This question is for BMW Master Tech, you helped me before with a transmission problem.Everything you told me to do helped the problem.

Can you hear the pump running when you turn on the washer?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, but I would like to speak the the one called BMW Master Tech. I have delt with him before. No disrespect to you.

Ok, I have opted out. he isnt online right now, so it might be awhile

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry, but I have had a good relationship with him. I am looking for the Cowboy Mastertech

that is fine, but he is not online right now. if he comes online today I will notify him

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I would like to converse with Cowboy BMW Master Tech.
I would like to converse with Cowboy BMW Master Tech

HelloCustomer

Nice to hear from you again. Thank you for requesting me, sorry I was not online earlier. I have a new son... 5 months old and he has been taking a lot of my time :)

Can you please provide the last seven digits of the vehicle identification number? I would like to look up the wiring diagram before suggesting the first step. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, nice to speak with you agaain. The transmission problem has so far been solved. Congraulations on your son. The VIN is KM28042

That is great news about the transmission! Thank you..I love being a father!

330i 11/02 production m54 engine E46....let me see...

The washer pump is controlled by the general module. It looks like it is fed by a 30 amp fuse Fuse # XXXXX This will be located in the glove box. It would not hurt to inspect the fuse first. However, Eric was most likely on the right track. Most often the failure is the pump itself. One thing that you can do to verify this will be to remove the plug to the pump and have someone pull on the wash lever to activate. Using a volt meter you could then check voltage at the plug to see if you see battery voltage (aprox 12v) this will indicate that all is well in the circuit and that the pump is the failure.

The reservoir I think is just held on by 8 mm screws. This can then be lifted up for easier access. The pump is just pushed down into a rubber grommet so you can actually just pull it up and out. You will lose the washer fluid if it is filled so be prepared to catch it if needed.. At that point the connector can be removed to do the voltage check. Watch out for the level sensor on the bottom as the wires are small and the connector can break. It is easy just to unplug the sensor if you want to take the reservoir out. I have seen pumps like this fail due to some contamination in the reservoir so it might be worth removing and rinsing it out.

The part number of a new pump is: 67 12 8 362 154

graphic

I hope this information is what you were looking for. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or help you further. This post will go to my phone now so I will be able to keep an eye out for any response. Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will try to help you further.

Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience: 10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.