Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My 745i battery is totally dead, and the trunk lock is busted,

My 745i battery is totally dead, and the trunk lock is busted, How do i get it open?
Category: BMW
Expert:  bimmaster replied 4 years ago.
Hi, what exactly is wrong with the trunk lock? Is the trunk lock cylinder damaged?
Are you able to open the hood?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I can not open the hood, is there a way to give the car a jump start to get it open?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the trunk lock cylinder is damaged, a locksmith could not get it open,
also, if you have ilustrations (pictures) of how to, will be very helpful
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PLEASE SEND OR RE-SEND MY ANSWER OR CHANGE THE EXPERT....PLEASE
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will try to help you with this problem. The hood release is not electrical. It is located on the driver side of the vehicle down to the left in the footwell area. Once this lever is lifted the hood should pop. At that point there is a little tab that comes up by the grill that you lift to open the hood.

Once the hood is open, your best bet would be to either use jumper cables at the jump terminals or charge the battery with a charger for at least a few hours to get a charge. This will allow you to then use the vehicle electronics to open the trunk from the inside button or key.

Please let me know how it goes. Please accept this answer and let me know if I can try to help you further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does not apply, I said, the car can is lock, doors and trunk, how the car can be opened? I do not need to open the hood only I need to open THE CAR, Can you tell me if there is any outside the car way, to get it open and gain accesss to ways of getting the car open so I can re-charge the battery?
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

I see. Your next step then is to check your key. On your the square key there is a tab. This releases a mechanical key that is part of the key that you insert into the vehicle slot to start. This mechanical key can open the drivers door and the trunk at the lock tumblers on these doors.

This should be able to give you access into the vehicle driver side to open the hood to jump the vehicle for power for the rest. Or possibly to open the trunk, but I read that it might be damaged then your only option would be the driver door.

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just tryed but there is NO tumblers or key entry at any of the doors and the lock of the trunk, as i said, is damaged, should I break a window? can you suggest anything else, I will pay for your services
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can the hood be opened from under the car? somebody told me that.

I really do not want to have to break a window

Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

On your vehicle it is very not possible to open the hood without breaking the grill and damaging the hood catches.

Your best bet would be to have the vehicle towed to a dealership for this. They can even try to jump the vehicle from the starter if possible. This is difficult and needs to be done using a lift.

Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience: 10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.