George
George, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Technician over 20 years BMW Dealership Experience. BMW Auto Repair Shop Business Owner
8183308

Disable OBC II immobiliser code for 1987 BMW E30 M3.

To unlock the OBC Code here is the procedure.

To reset the OBC you must disconnect the battery, (When you open the trunk of your vehicle the alarm will go off this is normal just let it do it's thing) turn the ignition to position one, the OBC will start a countdown procedure now it starts at 15 minutes and will countdown to zero. Wait for the 15 minute timer to tick down...once it does the car will then be able to be started after re-connecting the battery and starting the vehicle.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi George, Greetings from 'Downunder'!

Tried that OBC unlock procedure & the car still doesn't start! My vehicle is originally a German delivery vehicle & not fitted with an alarm; only fitted with the OBC 'Code' Immobiliser. I last drove the vehicle home on Easter eve; & disconnected battery as I usually do (it 'lives' on a car hoist) but when I went to start it last week it wouldn't start. I've checked all fuses (OK) & fuel pump (OK) but no 'pulse' at coil when turning motor over. I thought it was the OBC Immobiliser but now obviously not; any other ideas please? Cheers, XXXXX (Customer)

Hi Bob,

Yes there are other items we can check to see why your vehicle is not starting.

But since your original question was answered, you will need to accept this answer and then open a new question requesting the new information. You may also request me to assist you or another expert if you preferr. Once you do we can continue diagnosing why your vehicle is not starting.

Thank you,

George

_____________________________________________

I will always leave positive feedback all I ask is for the same.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Problem of non start not solved. Could the Crankskaft Angle Sensor be faulty & how do I check same?

As I explained earlier you original question was answered, so you will need to open a new case with a new question in order to continue. Sorry these are the rules I must follow.

This was your original question:

Which I supplied that information to you, once again these are the rules I must follow.

Thank you,

George