Anthony
Anthony, BMW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

528i: the Right front camber is out of alignment by 1-2 degrees..strut

on my 98' 528i the Right front camber is out of alignment by 1-2 degrees. My strut tower has a slight mushrooming effect going on, all resulting in a wobble that comes and goes, but is there more often then not. Is there an inexpensive fix? Perhaps an aftermarket install that will allow me to adjust the camber?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer Welcome to justanswer!

www.bavauto.com has adjustable strut mounts for about $314. Thats your only option other than having about $1500 in body work done.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This will allow me to bring the camber into spec?
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.
Yes, perfect spec.
Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.

Heres a pic of the part:

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will i be able to mount these even with slight mushrooming of the strut tower? I see you are in Jersey; this damage came from the potholes in manhattan and queens. I'm not there any more and want enjoy the smooth streets i drive on now.

Bavarian Autosport Adjustable Camber Kit - Front

$314.95

Expert:  Anthony replied 6 years ago.
It will work if the holes are still in the same place. Worst case is a body shop has to do some welding but you will still need the plate to get the correct alignment. Ive seen this before and used those plates without a hitch.