Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

how do you replace the BMW decal on a X3 SUV in the rear

Customer Question

how do you replace the BMW decal on a X3 SUV in the rear?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer are you referring to the round BMW badge or the X3 lettering?

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer I have to run out for awhile so I'll just explain both. The badge just presses on to the rear lid and the letters just stick on. I use a plastic spatula to lift the badge off. I've attached a picture below. Let me know if you have any questions

Marty

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is the whole Round BMW decal. Encased in a silver rim like #12 and # XXXXX picture.
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Ok, the whole piece gets replaced. It just prys off the back door. Use a plastic spatula type tool to lift it off. The part is #2, #12 are the grommets.

Edited by eurotec on 2/22/2010 at 1:20 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If i have the #2 piece, can I reuse the #12 piece? or do I have to re-order for the whole #12 and #2?
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
#12 are just the two little grommets that press into the body and then the emblem presses into them. They are normally reuseable.
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I finally got around to removing the decal. It is one piece. So Now I have to re-order. Not pretty looking right now.
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Did you not understand that was the case? That's what I tried to explain to you earlier. #2 in the picture is the whole assembly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I guess not. It seemed you were saying it was 2 pieces too.
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry for the confusion. What I was trying to tell you was #2 was the emblem and #12 were the grommets. I wanted you to pry the entire assembly off with a plastic spatula type tool. Hope everything went ok.

Marty