BMW Pro.
BMW Pro., BMW Technician
Experience:  9 years main dealer experience.

2003 bmw 325: I found a replacement unit at Germanaudiotech..removing

Can I replace the radio in my 2003 bmw 325 myself? I found a replacement unit at Germanaudiotech. I am technically oriented, but need to know the steps in removing and replacing the original unit. Thanks.

yes, it's very straight forward to remove and refit the radio.

Start by removing the trim that runs across the passanger side of the dashboard and trim surrounding the radio unit. The removal of these trims can be found HERE with pictures.

Once the trims are off there are 2 screws holding the radio in on each side. All you need to do is remove these, slide the radio forward and disconnect the connectors from the rear.

The only problem you might encounter is if the replacement radio requires coding to your vehicle, in which case any well equipped specialist will be able to do this for you. There's a good chance it wont require coding though as they dont in every case.