Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

where is the comfort relay on a 92 325I

where is the comfort relay on a 92 325I

HiCustomer the comfort relay is located in the relay panel under the left side of the dash. I've attached some diagrams below.

Marty

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I find the relay panel under the kick panel beneath the stering wheel or do I have to take off the top of the dashboard?
No you will find it from underneath the dash.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so your saying I have to take of the top of the dashboard?
Sorry for the confusion. You do not need to remove the dash. You can access the relay panel from underneath, by the steering column. You'll need to remove the underpanel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Eurotec....unfortunately changing the comfort relay didn't get the windows and sunroof working....any ideas?
HiCustomer do you have a 2 door or a 4 door?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
4 door
Ok, have you tried resetting the circuit breaker (pictured) at the center console?

graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
unfortunately yes
Ok, we'll work on this later, I'm heading off to church right now. Be back asap.

Marty

Edited by eurotec on 10/4/2009 at 1:09 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks....enjoy the church service
Ok, on your comfort relay you should have a terminal #30 and #87. Remove the relay and make sure you have power on terminal #30. If you do I'd like you to jump from terminal #30 to #87 in the connector using a fused jumper wire and see if everything works.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately that's beyond my talents

Ok, I'm running out to the Rays / Yankees game for a few hours. I'll try to give you some other things to look at when I return this evening. Do you think you could pick up a cheap test light in the meantime?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'll try.....have fun at the game

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Eurotec.....Since lat weekend I have replaced fules 11 and 43. Still no luck with any of the windows or sunroof working. Do you have any more ideas?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer are you sure you replaced the correct relay? Do you have the part #? Did you ever get a test light?

Marty

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It turned out it was the fuse for the door locks

thanks

Fritz

That's fantastic Fritz, I'm glad you got it resolved.