Anthony
Anthony, BMW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.

My 98 BMW 750il has a loud buzzing sound in the radio - this

My '98 BMW 750il has a loud buzzing sound in the radio - this developed after loose battery terminal connections were removed, cleaned and replaced. What's causing the buzzing, which also occurs for a split second when the ignition is turned on?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Anthony replied 4 years ago.

Hello! welcome to justanswer!

Does the buzzing sound stay at the same volume as the radio?

Can you still hear the buzzin if you tun down the volume all of the way but still have the radio on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The LOUD buzzing sound drowns out the radio, which is barely audible in the background, The buzzing sound also comes through the speakers for a second or two when the ignition key is turned on, even when the radio is turned off.
Expert:  Anthony replied 4 years ago.
Ok, that is most likely a problem inside of the AMP in the truck thats located behind the CD changer. You may want to try unhooking the battery again for a minute or two to try and reset it and see if the noise goes away. If it dosent, I can send you the procedure to remove the AMP and can refer you to a place that repairs them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried unhooking the battery for about five minutes, and sure, enough, only the back speakers continued buzzing, followed soon thereafter by all of the speakers, although the radio and CD changer were clearly working. The sound is more of a loud popping sound when the ignition is turned on.

I'll try the procedure a few more times, but please send me the procedure to remove the AMP and refer me to a place that repairs them. Thanks.

Expert:  Anthony replied 4 years ago.

Ok, below are two links. One has the AMP removal instructions and the other is a link to a site that can help you in repairing the AMP.

CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS

CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Anthony, BMW Technician
Experience: ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, Anthony.
Expert:  Anthony replied 4 years ago.

Your welcome and thank you also!