mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  bmw master tech ase certified

2000 bmw 328i brake lights stuck on, horn stop working, vanity

2000 bmw 328i brake lights stuck on, horn stop working, vanity lights not working, turning vanity light on and off makes brake lights go off for about one second. Once while driving and turning vanity light on and off the brake light and horn started working until we turn ignition off.
Is this a computer reset issue? which computer? Or what is the problem?
Hi, you need the electical part to the ignition switch.It is located under the steering column cover,on the left side when sitting on the seat.Held in by 2 small flat head have to use a pocket screwdriver, fit perfect. Fist you have to scrape paint off screws. either red or yellow paint. easy to replace. thanks Mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you know the name of the part
Hi here is the part # Part #61326901961
It is the ignition switch - just ask for the electrical part of it.
As you dont need the part the key goes in. The parts department will know what you need. Thanks mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mike what info do you need
Hi dont need any more info. If I hit answer back to your question after you hit the accept it will ask for an accept again. So if I get a accept and then a reply back I send it as info request so you the customer dont keep hitting accept to follow questions. Thanks mike
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you.