Adam, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW master tech,ASE certified master tech,Associates in automotive technology,BMW ACT winner

how do i reset my brake light, i have a 750li

Customer Question

Category: BMW
Expert:  Adam replied 7 years ago.

Is the brake light on because the vehicle needed brakes? If so was the brake pad wear sensor replaced? Let me know and I will try to assist.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes the pads and sensor was replaced
Expert:  Adam replied 7 years ago.

OK good. Here is the procedure to reset any service that may be due.

Please ACCEPT my answer if this was useful, (it's the only way we get paid for our time). I will still respond if you have further questions. Positive Feedback and Bonus's are always appreciated. Thank you!

Switch position II without starting the engine.

Press and hold cluster kms reset button for approximately 10 - 15 seconds.

some text will show up, but keep holding till you see the second set of options starting with "Return". As in following picture

Now press briefly and jump to the service interval that you wish to reset (you may have to press it several times till you reach the service to be reset i.e., Coolant or Microfilter etc).

Once you have chosen the indicator to be reset, press and hold till you see two options in next cluster (RPM dial)as in following picture

Now once you have selected RESET, press and hold till you see the message that it has been reset.

You should be able to see in SERVICE mode that particular selection will turn GREEN as in following picture (since I selected COOLANT you can compare it 1st picture where COOLANT is RED).

Repeat same steps for each RESET. Once every service is RESET, small symbol of red car on top of center Nav display will no longer be there.