Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican

Bmw: warranty..vibration /shaking between shifting from gears 1 to 3.

My Hydraulic pump failed for my 2004 Smg transmission. where can I acquire a replacement
and do I have to buy original? In addition, last November just about the time where my warranty ended, on file I expressed concerned about vibration /shaking between shifting from gears 1 to 3. No suprise Bmw head office turned it down, is there anything I can do?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 7 years ago.
As for the part I recommend a rebuilt unit from BMW, you can try a used one from a junk yard. For the warranty issue there isn't much you can do besides calling BMW headquarters and ask for a good will repair or help paying for the repair. Maybe they cover parts and you pay labor this happens once in a while but only if you ask and are pleasant about it.