Adam, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW master tech,ASE certified master tech,Associates in automotive technology,BMW ACT winner

2001 bmw 325i: the blower motor quit working

i have a 2001 bmw 325i , and the blower motor quit working. However, later today, it started working again. a lttle history, for the past few months.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Adam replied 7 years ago.

The most common problem with your symptoms is a faulty blower motor resistor,( "blower motor final stage", is the BMW term.) We see these fail a lot but keep in mind an intermittent shorted wire is always a possiblity. If it stops working again i would replace the blower resistor while its not working and retest. If it begins to work again you've found your problem.

Please ACCEPT my answer if this was useful, (it's the only way we get paid for our time). I will still respond if you have further questions. Positive Feedback and Bonus's are always appreciated. Thank you!