Tim S.
Tim S., BMW Technician
Experience:  2 years at BMW dealership, Level 2 technician. Graduated from BMW STEP training. 17 ASE's
13324421

I have a 2001 BMW X5 4.4 selflevel susp. inact came on but

I have a 2001 BMW X5 4.4 selflevel susp. inact came on but I detect no change in ride or how the level of the SUV appears from a casual walkaround. Should I go in to the dealer as the book suggests?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Tim S. replied 8 years ago.
It is defiantley a good idea to go to the dealer so they can read out the faults and determine what is happening to the system. It may not currently not show any signs of being faulty beside the light but you are better off getting it looked at before you encounter any more problems. For example if you run the vehicle with less than adiquate air pressure it is possible to cause damage to the air struts. So it would be best to get it looked at. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Thank you Tim