Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

According: my 2005 mini cooper s seems to be overheating..park..fluids

my 2005 mini cooper s seems to be overheating - sounds like a fan is running after i park the car and turn it off. After this happened a couple of days in a row, i had all the fluids checked and filled according to previous brands used. Same thing keeps happening. No warning lights, but fluid temp goes up fairly quickly after starting and traveling a mile or two- sometimes to the highest point on the gauge. my nearest mini dealer is almost 2 hours away and I can't possibly drive there in an overheating car! Help! I'm a single woman and need some real help here. I'm on the verge of freakin out!
Category: BMW
Expert:  Marty replied 7 years ago.

Hi there,

If the system is full of coolant and the fans are operating the first thing that needs to be done would be to try a new thermostat. This can be done at most independent repair shops.