BMW Pro.
BMW Pro., BMW Technician
Experience:  9 years main dealer experience.

dashboard lights flashing on my 1993 BMW 525i

My dashboard lights are flashing. There was one time when I turned the key it was ok, but now they are flashing, I can not read the message board mileage, trip etc. The old owner stated after she replace the battery it started flashing. Also She also stated the OBC never worked at all, I have no lights what so ever on the OBC

i'm afraid once the LCD display fails it's terminal for the instrument cluster as it isnt a serviceable item. The Kombi now needs to be replaced and the new one coded in.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So why does it work sometimes, were I can read the miles and trip, The leds in the message center are scrambled. Kind of looks like a disco lights going on.. And what is a Kombi

The Kombi is another name for the instrument cluster. Your Kombi display is scrambled because the electronics in the unit have failed, this will only get worse until there is no display at all.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Rich I hit the accept button twice on mistake, It should of been $20.00 insted of $40.00. I did receive a E mail from Info Just answer, I e mail then back and they told me to contact you. Her name from Info Just answer is Maria
I have forwarded your request.