bmwforeman, BMW Technician
Experience:  bmw factory trained since 2000 current shop foreman

I have a 2007 BMW 335I. Today my service engine light came ...

I have a 2007 BMW 335I. Today my service engine light came on, referencing a emission problem. What could be causing such a problem in a car that is a little over a year old. Forgot to add...Engine power loss was showed along with check engine soon
Category: BMW
Expert:  bmwforeman replied 8 years ago.
Good morning i will try to help as best as possible-While it is impossible for me to say what the problem is for sure- my guess would be an issue with the high pressure pump or maybe the turbos.BMW is having some issues with the high pressure pumps,as well as the turbos, and both issues would cause a loss in engine power.The first thing to do is get the system scanned for faults to determine what faults you have but i bet it will be the pump or the turbos-hope this helps