KJ, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Service Center Specialist.

Re. 2003 320d se 4 door saloon...front bumper..near side

Re. 2003 320d se 4 door saloon. The front bumper has been pushed back approximately 6mm on the near side. Can I release fixings and pull it back to its correct position? If so please could you please detail how I can release the front bumper.
Category: BMW
Expert:  KJ replied 8 years ago.

The bumper is secured under the black molding on your bumper. pull those 3 pieces of the bumper and you will see push in clips about 4 or 6 of them. once you have them removed you should be able to slide the front bumper forwards of the car.

Please use two persons to do this so the bumper falls on the ground when you slide it of. It is so much easier.

But before you do all this remember this . The front bumper had impact shocks who will shock in when you hit something. Bmw recommend them to replace them after impact. I normally pull them back out if the damage is not sever. if the damage is on the passenger side use your took and a cable to pull it back out so that you don't have to take the bumper of.

If you are satisfied with this answer please hit " ACCEPT " if not just let me know and i will help you more