Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a BMW 330i headlight not working it is not bulb what ...

I have a BMW 330i headlight not working it is not bulb what could it be.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hello. Which bulb is not working? Daytime driving lights?The entire headlight?Do you have Xenon lights in this vehicle? Which bulb did you replace? Did you use a BMW bulb?

Thank you. -Roger BMW Master

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
PASSENGER SIDE XENON LIGHT ALSO I USED A PHILLIPS D2S BULB
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Try this. You know you have a good bulb in one side of the headlight. Try swapping that side the this and also try the other bulb in the known good side.

Let me know your results.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

If you find a successful diagnosis please accept the answer. If I can help you further let me know and I will be glad to give you some more advise. Even after an accept we can still converse on this post.

Thank you.

-Roger BMW Master Tech

Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

I hope this led to a fix for your vehicle. Please hit the Accept Answer, we can still reply to this post after it has been accepted.

Thank you.

-Roger BMW Master Tech

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
did what you said put good bulb from driverside into passenger side did not work what should i try next
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This is the result I expected however it is always the firs thing that should be tried. You have stated that you have xenon bulbs. This system has a control unit and an igniter unit. These systems use extremely high voltage that can cause death. Do not probe these connections with the key on! This is something we see in the dealership. Is your vehicle still under the manufacturer's warranty? The problem is most likely the control unit and igniter, we replace these as a set. The headlamp will need to be removed and sometimes dissassembled to replace these components. I think we have a service bulletin on this telling us to replace both sides for both headlights. If your vehicle is under warranty I can provide you with the information for your dealer if apllicable to your vehicle.

Please Accept this Answer, you can still reply to this post even after the Accept.

Thank you. Let me know if I can help further.

-Roger BMW Master Tech

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could you please send me a copy of the service bulletin thanks very much
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

I will send it later tonight, I have to run it through the scanner because this file will not cut and paste. I will see if I can transfer it to you by around 6p.m.

I will send the accept with the information.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks very much, ill be waiting for you to send the service bulletin later tonight    bob mac1
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

The last time I tried to post a PDF file to this site it did not let me. Can you send your e-mail address to send the bulletin to.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hello. The information was sent at 6:16 p.m. Please review and let me know if you have a problem with the e-mail. Please hit the Accept Answer. Please leave a short message on the feedback. Thank you.

BMW_Master

Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience: 10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.