Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a H.S.. Cruso 410 Single Shot marked 12 MM on barrel

Customer Question

I have a H.S.B. Cruso 410 Single Shot marked 12 MM on barrel and serial # A120497. Would like to know age and approximate value and brief info on H.S.B. cruso
JA: The gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: Gun was given to my father by his grandfather. Gun is in excellent shape. What else do you need to know?
JA: How can the gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** am reviewing your question and will provide an answer or a request for more information shortly.

OK - Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Company were a hardware company in business in Chicago from 1880 through 1962. They sold utilitarian ("affordable") shotguns. The Cruso model was a well known, well working gun during the time it was made.

Like Sears, HSB didn't manufacture the guns, but private labeled them. Both J. Steven and Crescent Fire Arms Co. made the Cruso. They were also imported from Belgium. Crusos were made from 1902 until the 1930s or so. Your gun was probably made around 1930. Based on the gun being in working order and with between 90% and 100% of the original finish remaining, the value would be from $250 to $350.

I hope this helps.

Philip

If you are satisfied with my answer on your HSB shotgun, please use the button provided to rate my answer. That will close out the question and also allow me to be paid - thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions