ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
30945867

What is a Junior colt 25 cal serial worth in good condition?

Customer Question

JA: The firearms appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Tell us what else you do know and the firearms appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has plain wooden grips,; it belongs to a friend, and he ask me to inquir.
JA: Is there anything else the firearms appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know except the serial # is 1515
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 30 days ago.

Hello, and thanks for using Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question and will reply back momentarily.

Let me gather the info for you and I will return back shortly.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Email is fine

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.
.
Answer:
.
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com..
.

Manufacturer - Colt
Model - Junior Colt pocket model .25acp

Serial number - 1515

Estimated Value Range –see below..

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability. Values are in US Dollars.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $350
Mint condition --------98% condition - $325
Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $250
Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $225
Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $175
Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $160
Good condition --------------60% condition - $140
.

Add 10% for guns with a nickel finish.

.

.

Sincerely,
Jim
.
.
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2016 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher

Need anything else?

Expert:  ProShooter replied 29 days ago.

I see that the question is still open....do you need further help with this or are you ready to close it out?

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions