Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I looking fo info on a Remington rolling block model 4 date

Customer Question

I looking fo info on a Remington rolling block model 4 date made how many of this sub model were made (if posable
JA: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: Im looking for info on a Remington rolling block model 4 date made how many of this sub model were made (if possible ) I understand condition = value first this is what info I have remington #4 32 rim fire early take down with side leaver (pre 1924) ,24 inch octagon barrel with fixed rear sight ,no barrel letter date code (pre 1920 )sr # 166209 , plain but plate no umc markings barrel markings REMINGTON ARMS Co.ILION.N.Y.U.S.A. tang marking 2 lines REMINGTON ARMS Co.(in smaller lettering ) ILION.N.Y.U.S.A. the rifle is complete and in working order screws and wood in very good condition metal finish mostly brown no case colors can be seen looks like oil finish wood work Thank you for your help
JA: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: Jimbo
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** am reviewing your question and will provide an answer or a request for more information shortly.

Based on the serial number research I have done, that gun should have been made around 1901. Here's an appraisal:

October 25, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Remington

Model/configuration – Model No. 4 Rolling Block, .32 short or long rimfire cal., with 24 inch bbl., and blue/case colored finish.

Serial Number – 166209 mfg. circa 1901.

Additional Information – octagon barrel standard with round barrels available late in the series, solid frame initially followed by takedown in 2 different types (lever release introduced approx. 1901, screw in approx. 1924), this model was Remington's smallest rolling block. Approx. 350,000 mfg. 1890-1933.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $--
98% - $1,500
95% - $1,300
90% - $1,000
80% - $700
70% - $600
60% - $500
50% - $450
40% - $400
30% - $375
20% - $300
10% - $250

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Jimbo,

If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate the answer with the button provided. That will close out the question and also allow me to be paid - thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions