Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.

Want to kow thw value of awinchester 94-30-30- the model #

Customer Question

want to kow thw value of awinchester 94-30-30-
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: the model #(###) ###-####
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?
Customer: 7 shot
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is a metal plate on the end of the stock from the tip of the gun to where the shell goes is
20 inches the whole gun is 37 inches long
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 2 months ago.

Back with the appraisal in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

August 19, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from

Manufacturer/Trademark – Winchester

Model/configuration – Model 94 Standard Model lever-action carbine, .30-30 Win. cal., with 20 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number –(###) ###-####mfg. circa 1969.

Additional Information – 6 or 7 (24 in. barrel only) shot tube mag., round barrel, open sights, straight walnut stock, two barrel bands on forearm, 6 1/2 lbs. Mfg. 1964-1997.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $500
98% - $400
95% - $350
90% - $300
80% - $200
70% - $175
60% - $150

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

If you satisfied with my answer about your Winchester rifle, please rate my answer using the button provided. That will close out the question and also allow me to be paid - thanks!

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions