Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I need to know how old my and Wesson air weight CTG Is model

Customer Question

I need to know how old my smith and Wesson air weight CTG Is model 12-2 serial #D474714. Other numbers I have are 92406 and G4
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It's a snub nose 38 special
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?
Customer: Double action
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Getting my S&W references out - back in a few minutes.

July 28, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Smith & Wesson

Model/configuration – Model 12 Military & Police Airweight double-action revolver, .38 S&W Special cal., with 2 inch bbl., and blue or nickel finish.

Serial Number – D474714 mfg. circa 1973.

Additional Information – alloy frame, steel cylinder. Disc. 1986.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $500
98% - $400
95% - $350
90% - $275
80% - $225
70% - $200
60% - $180

NOTE: Add $40 for nickel finish.

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate the answer with the button provided - that will close out the question and allow me to be paid. Thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions