Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have JP Sauer and sons, suhl with S & S top of grips. What

Customer Question

I have JP Sauer and sons, suhl with S & S top of grips. What is it worth ?
JA: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.
Customer: It is in very good condition. 7.65 cal. Has S&S top of grips.
JA: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Can you attach some photos showing both sides of the gun?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not now. Tomorrow ?

Sure. Tomorrow is fine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Phillip Van Cleave.
Here are some pictures

Ok - let me take a look at those. Back shortly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Serial Number 47419

I am working on the appraisal right now. This may take a few minutes.

July 26, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – J.P. Sauer & Son

Model/configuration – Model 1913 Pocket Automatic semi-automatic pistol, .32 ACP cal., with 3 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number – 47419 mfg. circa 1924.

Additional Information – 7 shot, fixed sights, black rubber grips. Mfg. 1913-30.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $295
98% - $225
95% - $185
90% - $165
80% - $155
70% - $145
60% - $135

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks

Glad to help!

Please rate my answer using the button provided. That will close out the question and will also allow me to be paid - thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions