Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

Cost 0f western auto, h.s. 160.00, .22 cal handgun, sr.

Customer Question

cost 0f western auto, h.s. 160.00, .22 cal handgun, sr. #1449842, revelation, model 99. what is value
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Writing the appraisal now.

The Western Auto Revelation Model 99 is actually a relabeled High Standard Sentinel. Appraisal:

July 8, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – High Standard

Model/configuration – Model Sentinel revolver, .22 S, L, or LR cal., with 2-3/8, 3, 4, 5, or 6 inch bbl., and blue or nickel finish.

Additional Information – aluminum frame, nine shot, SA or DA, swing out cylinder, fixed sights, until 1960 the 2-3/8 in. barrel model had a bobbed hammer, beginning in 1961 this changed to a standard spur hammer with no change in Cat. No.

Value Range for blue finish (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $350
98% - $300
95% - $255
90% - $215
80% - $185
70% - $150
60% - $120

Value Range for nickel finish (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $400
98% - $345
95% - $300
90% - $240
80% - $195
70% - $155
60% - $120

NOTES:

* Subtract $15 for early models without spring return ejector.
* Add $50 for 5 in. barrel.

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Judy,

Please rate my answer to your question on the Western Auto revolver. That will close out the question and allow me to be paid. Thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions