ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser & expert
30945867

I have a Etowah 12 gage (5.4) can you tell me anything about

Customer Question

I have a Etowah 12 gage (5.4) can you tell me anything about it. email***@******.***
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: gun seems to be very old may have be modified barrel is 32" and chocked
JA: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Is there anything else important you think the Firearms Appraiser should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Firearms Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 10 months ago.

Good morning....can you please tell me everything that you see written on the gun?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the gun has several dates on it hard to read starts dec 15,91 ending May 27, 02. old gun probable 1800

Ok, thank you. That is helpful....

Etowah was a "trade name" shotgun or otherwise known as a "hardware gun". It was made by the W.H. Davenport Firearms Co. out of Norwich, Ct between (roughly) 1890 and 1910. These guns were sold under various trade names by local hardware stores and were designed to be simple, utility grade shotguns. Value is unfortunately low, in the $50 to $100 range at best.

I hope that this is helpful! If you don't have any other questions about this, please remember to complete a positive rating on your screen now so that we can close out the question.

Jim

Do you need anything else?

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions