Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a 1997 Browning citori (2342inv953) gold engraved,

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Browning citori (2342inv953) gold engraved, never shot, Ducks unlimited with Budweiser on the bottom of the receiver. beautiful wood. under the ducks it has "mallards at the colorado". trigger guard is gold engraved, fore arm lock is gold engraved
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

May 28, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Browning

Model/configuration – Model Citori Lightning Grade VI over/under shotgun, 12 ga., with 26, 28, or 30 inch bbl., and blue or gray with gold inlays finish.

Finish (Assuming original) – 100% per customer

Serial Number – 2342inv953 mfg. circa 1995.

Additional Information – 3 in. chamber, Invector chokes standard on newer mfg. smaller ga.'s, Invector Plus became standard 1995 for 12 ga., boxlock, auto ejectors, single selective-trigger, ventilated rib, features checkered round knob pistol grip stock and slimmer forearm, grades differ in amount of engraving, finish, and quality of wood, approx. 6.5-8 lbs. Introduced 1988. Also has extensive deep relief engraving with 7 gold inlays, including mallards/pheasants on receiver sides. Disc. 2004.

Estimated Value Range – Current value should be around $2,825.

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate my answer using the button provided. That will close out the question and also allow me to be paid - thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions