Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.

I was given a Mossberg 880A Bolt Action .308 WIN with a

Customer Question

I was given a Mossberg 880A Bolt Action .308 WIN with a barrel that has a suppressor with 3 holes in both sides of the suppressor and 6X burris scope.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Firearms Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Where do I measure the barrel from?
JA: Is there anything else the Firearms Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The stock is painted came. The stock is also matte finish.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Firearms Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Tom replied 5 months ago.
Hi,Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from Manufacturer/Trademark – Mossberg Model/configuration –800 Series Model 880A, bolt action rifle Finish (Assuming original) –Blued with Camo finished checkered pistol grip stock Serial Number – mfg. circa . Not given, introduced in 1967, discontinued in 1972 Additional Information – 22" barrel, Estimated condition based on the Photo Percentage Grading System – Estimated Value Range – 100%-$500 98%-$400 95%-$325 90%-$300 80%-$275 70%-$225 60%-$150Values are current private party sales, expect 25% less for a trade in. I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit Tom

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions