Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

We have a J N Scott double barreled rifle that was Randy's

Customer Question

Hi We have a J N Scott double barreled rifle that was Randy's grandfathers. We wanted to know where to look for the serial number. Is there a place to look without taking off the barrel? We don't have the appropriate too. Where can we find info about J N Scott?
JA: The Firearms Appraiser will get you a firearm appraisal. Anything else I can tell the Firearms Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: Correction: appropriate tool.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Firearms Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon, You had said rifle, but I assume that you mean shotgun. Do you have a photo of this gun?Jim
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry, I did mean shotgun. The other question was about three marks, a circle, a circle that has 8 quarters, like a pie, and a fish symbol. I'll send photos. It's missing a firing pin and we're not so curious about the value as what the markings mean and when and who it was made by. I don't have a larger shot of the whole gun until Randy is home from work. Diann
I can see the JN Scott name, but the other markings are difficult to see. Can you get a more detailed photo of those marks?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know how I can. Like I said, it's three marks, a circle, a divided circle in 8 sections, and a christian fish symbol.
Ok, let me see if I can find out anything
There should also be a lever of some sort to remove the barrels. Have you tried that?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Randy said there is a screw type device on top of the barrels that we don't have the correct tool for. Where would levers be? Maybe we're looking at the wrong thing.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He won't be home until after 5 to look....
We can wait until he is home.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions