Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I recently acquired 2 older (I assume) guns from my deceased

Customer Question

I recently acquired 2 older (I assume) guns from my deceased grandfather. And I would like to know more about them
1st: Winchester model 94 30-30 serial#(###) ###-####
2nd: Marlin mod 25mn 22 serial#14687023
Both have been tested and are clean and working. But I would like to know what I should value them at for insurance purposes.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Back in a few minutes.

February 14, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Winchester

Model/configuration – Model 1894 1940-1964 Production Carbine, .30-30 cal., with 20 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number –(###) ###-####mfg. circa 1952.

Additional Information – without saddle ring, round barrel is marked Model 94.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $1,100
98% - $900
95% - $750
90% - $650
80% - $500
70% - $425
60% - $375
50% - $325
40% - $275
30% - $250
20% - $225
10% - $200

-

Manufacturer/Trademark – Marlin

Model/configuration – Model 25 MN bolt-action rifle, .22 WMR cal., with 22 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number – 14687023 mfg. circa 1986.

Additional Information – bolt action, 7 shot mag., choice of walnut finished hardwood or Mossy Oak Breakup camo (new 2001) stock (pressed checkering became standard 1994), grooved receiver, adjustable rear sight (new 1995), 6 lbs. Mfg. 1989-2003.

100% - $185
98% - $140
95% - $105
90% - $85
80% - $75
70% - $70
60% - $65

NOTES:

* Add $6 for 4X scope (disc. 2000).
* Add $37 for Mossy Oak Breakup camo stock.

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions