Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have an opportunity to purchase a new in box REM .12 gauge

Customer Question

I have an opportunity to purchase a new in box REM .12 gauge O/U 26" barrells wood stock matte finish Model 332. No longer made apparently.
The pawn shop is asking $1,525.
I haven't had any luck finding info on this gun online!!!
NO RETURNS POLICY PLEASE ADVISE?
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Getting my references out - back shortly.

Their asking value is high, unless the gun is engraved. Here's the appraisal.

February 12, 2016

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Remington

Model/configuration – Model 332 over/under shotgun, 12 ga., with 26 inch bbl., and glass-bead blasted black oxide finish.

Finish (Assuming original) – 100% per customer (new in box)

Additional Information – 3 in. chambers, new modified boxlock action with underlock, designed by custom shop, low profile receiver with Model 32 type styling, engraved frame panels, ventilated-rib light-contour monobloc barrels with Remchokes, metal finish resembles Model 32 rust bluing, high gloss finished checkered walnut stock and slim forearm with solid rubber recoil pad, mechanical single-selective trigger, ejectors, 7 1/2 - 8 lbs. Mfg. in Ilion late 2001-2006.

Estimated Value Range – Current value should be between $1,300 and $1,445

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Thaddeus,

Please rate my answer on the Remington shotgun using the provided button. That will close out the question and will allow me to be paid. Thanks!

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions