Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

1804 Black powder pistol, Apparently Harpersferry Armory

Customer Question

Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Large "A" on stock, SUSTER BECH on side with numbers 1804. Small pieces of wood missing, but 98% intact. Looking for approximate value.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

Do you have a photo of this pistol?

Jim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jim, Don't have a photo, but if you give me a phone number I'll have a friend send you one. Same friend found the pistol on a tablet that said this type of pistol was from Harpers ferry and they were dated 1805 thru 1807 and considered rare. The picture on the tablet looked exactly like my pistol, but article didn't comment on possible value. If you have an associate or friend in Phoenix area I won't mind taking it to him. I'm looking for 80% value. Thanks Rick
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Rick,

Unfortunately, photos have to be posted here. Can you friend send the photos to you so that you can post them here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll get an updated phone to take the picture. Should be able to send to you on Monday 1st Feb. Thanks. Would call, but I can't find any new information on the pistol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think we sent you a photo subject 1804 pistol. I've tried this several ways. Do I have to have a phone with an E-mail app?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jim, sorry this is so difficult. One of my efforts to send picture was by my wife's phone. Received something from you perhaps part of a phone number. VVD *** ****. Please send on this page if possible.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

I received the photo today. Its a bit blurry, but it looks to be in nice shape, which worries me a bit. These guns are quite often copied as replica pistols, and its nearly impossible for me to tell by looking at a photo. Is there a chance that you can get a photo of the writing on the pistol? That may be helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jim, sent three pictures to the reply address. Sorry evidently my computer or service won't handle three pictures at once. Thanks, Rick
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me see what we can find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jim, this has been in limbo too long. Please stop your research and inform the program manager I wish to discontinue my membership. Rick ****
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Rick,

I hadn't received any new photos. Not sure where they went. I will let customer service know to cancel.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions