Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

How do i verify the authenticity of winchester model 1873

Customer Question

How do i verify the authenticity of winchester model 1873 model 207850 and what is this gun worth in great to excellent condition?
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am working on pictures (getting good pictures - you have to be an expert to get a good high quality of serial numbers and printing on these) I just want to know or get a good idea of value and if possible where to sell it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have added pictures. I have no idea if this rifle is completely authentic because I am not an expert. Two gun store owners who were admittedly not Winchester 73 experts said in their opinion that it was authentic, not reblues, not refinished and the riflings were in excellent condition. I have seen a lot of other winchesters in museums, gun stores, friends, etc and this is by far and away a rifle in excellent condition for its age. I am not a collector but rather a small time hunter (i really want to shoot it but have been told - not a great idea). I want to sell it to a collector but want some idea of value. Thanks.
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

What caliber is it?

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions