Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

I have been reading your posts on the savage 1899c. I have

Customer Question

Customer: I have been reading your posts on the savage 1899c. I have one in good condition that has or I have been told has factory engraving on the left side with the name E A Rice. What are your thoughts and value of this piece?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No issue seems to be a good shootable rifle in 25-35 cal. I got it from my grandfathers estate. Is there any way to find out who e a rice was?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am. Please get back to me with any info and the 18 would be no problem.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Tom replied 10 months ago.

I doubt that a gun that was factory engraved would only have engraving on only one side. I can not remember ever seeing a gun like that.

Would you attach a couple of pictures of the gun including a close-up of the engraving. Use the paperclip icon to attach them.

I will be out until 5 pm today and will get back to you when I return home.

Tom

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions