Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

Bill -- have a win 94 30 wcf .... the end of the barrel is

Customer Question

Customer: Bill -- have a win 94 30 wcf .... the end of the barrel is treaded. trying to determine if this was something 'special' or if it was an after market deal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ser#383173
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: This treading was done very professionally ... like it was done to accept a suppressor or a muzzle brake everything is order ... front sight etc ... just trying to determine if there is something 'special' about this lever gun
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Tom replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark –Winchester

Model/configuration – Model 94, 30 WCF

Finish (Assuming original) –Blued with walnut stock and handguard

Serial Number – mfg. circa .383173, manufactured in 1907

Additional Information –The threaded muzzle was added by a previous owner. Winchester did not thread any of the model 94's. I have never seen a Model 94 with a brake or suppressor. It doesn't mean that there are not any out there, just that is very rare to see one. It does not increase the value, it hurts (reduces) the value because the gun is not original.

The Model 94 is the worlds most popular sporting rifle, over 7 million sold.

Estimated condition based on the Photo Percentage Grading System –unknown

Estimated Value Range – Current values-

100%-N/A 98%-$4150 95%-$3675 90%-$2950 80%-$2350 70%-$1850 60%-$1300 50%-$975 40%-$800 30%-$675 20%-$550 10%-$475

% is based on the amount of original finish left on the gun along with mechanical condition.

Subtract approx. 20% for the threaded muzzle.

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

Tom

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions