Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

My name is ***** *****. I have a 1912 Luger that I am trying

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a 1912 Luger that I am trying to ID the unit indicated on the grip strap, just below the trigger guard. The Unit is as follows "S.Kst.Mrs.2l2"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I believe the Luger is Manufactured by DWM.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the firearms experts here. Let me do some research on that unit to see what I can come up with.....

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

I've got a partial explanation of the marking, but would you happen to have a photo of it that I could see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. not yet
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

ok....it would be helpful if I could see the marking. Let me ask - are you certain of what markings you indicated, or could there be another letter combination?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the letter combo again "S.Kst.Mrs.2.2", There is a U.2 just before that has been strucked out by an armorer. I have this luger on layaway at a local gun shop and this is why I don't have a pic yet.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I understand. I'm having some trouble with this one. The S. Kst leads me to believe that it is a Prussian Military Police unit, but other things that I'm seeing lead me to believe that it may refer to a Medical unit of some kind....still working on it.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions