Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a Mario Beschi Gardone two barrel shotgun set (28 and

Customer Question

I have a Mario Beschi Gardone two barrel shotgun set (28 and 20). It ha gold inlays over some fairly detailed engraving. I have photos if you can accept them. It was engraved by A. Giovanelli but I can't find anything about the value of the gun.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Yes, please attach the photos.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here you go.

Ok - I'll take a look at them right now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

Can't tell from the photos - is it an over/under or a side-by-side ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Over under. Two barrels. 28 and 20

December 18, 2015

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Mario Beschi

Model/configuration – Model Boxlock Over/Under Giovanelli engraved shotgun, 28 and 20 ga. barrels, with 28 inch long bbl., and highly engraved.

Additional Information – The Blue Book only lists values for the standard model with light engraving for over/under shotguns. They do list the highly engraved values for side-by-sides with only a single barrel. Looking at some auctions, I found a Mario Beschi over/under shotgun with a similar level of engraving, but not with gold inlays, as your gun has and two sets of barrels (28 and 20 gauge). The value asked is around the same as the highly engraved Beschi side-by-sides in the Blue Book. The estimated value below is based on the auction value, corroborated by the side-by-side Blue Book value. It is also based on the gun having at least 95% of original finish (very little of the barrels were visible in one photo, which I missed when I ask if it was an over/under or side-by-side. The 95% original finish is based on the receiver, part of the barrels, and stock as best as I could see them.)

Estimated condition based on the Photo Percentage Grading System – 95%

Estimated Value Range – Current value should be around $9,250 - $11,000

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Thank you Phillip.

Glad to help, Clark.

When you get a chance, please rate my answer - that will close out the question and also allow me to be paid - thanks!

Philip

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm going to try to sell the gun based on the lower value provided. I'll rate the answer once the gun is sold as this will be the best indication of how accurate the information is.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions