Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

I'm ***** *****, just browsing, but have a question. Ever

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****, just browsing, but have a question. Ever heard of a 7513 WAFFENFABRIK MAUSER-OBERNDORF A/N1, it's an 8mm.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like to know what it's worth.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Do you know anything about this gun? If so I'll gladly pay you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 11 months ago.

Good evening! My name is ***** ***** I am one of the firearms experts here. I'm happy to help you. I'm pretty sure I know which firearm you have there, but do you have a photo of it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can't figure out how to send a pic on this new lap top. I have pics on my phone I can text. It has two triggers, montacarlo stock, 3-9x32 scope, shoulder strap, and soft case. It's in great shape I used to hunt with it. A friend told me it was early 1900's, a gun smith told me it was a British style German mauser sniper rifle, he offered me $675 just for the action 30 years ago. I want to sell it but don't know what to ask. I've seen similar guns online from $1600-$4000.

Ok, what does it say after the A/N?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I paid to get on here the guy said I would get an answer, I want to sell the gun, I got laid off in Aug. I didn't want to pay to get info to start with, but thought it would be worth it. You can call me and I won't charge you.(###) ###-####

I'm happy to give you an answer, but I need to figure out what model you have first. Can you tell me what else it says on the gun please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's the only writing on it, I've been searching for months. Mabey it's so rare no body knows?

OK, is there anything written after the A/N?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The #1, it's A/N 1.

There should be more....can you look again...possibly 1895?

Its not a rare gun, I have an idea...just trying to pinpoint the version.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just looked over the entire gun, nothing else is on it.

How does this photo compare to your gun? - http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/6388161353/8377080/a241f175bb17a28655d61a5f098fbbcd.jpg

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not it, has two triggers, and much better condition, and sport stock. Sorry you're going through this I know you're on here to make money but I sure would like to know what I have and how much it's worth.

Well its a Mauser variation for sure. I just need to figure out which one. It would be a bit easier if you could post a picture. I'll keep working on it....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll try, but this laptop won't show the pic unless you open then it's to late because it sends it at he same time. LOL!

Ok...I saw a picture of your pool, and a close up photo of the rifle. Can you take a full picture of the rifle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me try that again. LOL!

Ok, better....I'm going to have to do more research

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you! I don't know how I did it but I some how opened a folder that shows the pics and lets you select one but only one at a time. LOL!

Ok, good......thats helpful

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Other than what I told you so far is that it was handed down through the family. I don't want to sell it, but I need to. I don't have anybody to give it to, and I'll never use it again, and I need the money. Sorry, but if you ever find out what I have and what it's worth let me know and I'll be glad to pay you. Thanks!

I'm working on it....

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions